CNEr does not build

 [Sending from a different e-mail account since my normal mail seems to be refused by live.com]

Hi,

I'm trying to package CNEr for Debian.  After it was clarified that the code copy of ucsc can be used license wise I have the following technical issues:

  1. The configure script does not work.  I had to apply a patch[1] to get
      it working at all.

  2. src/Makevars.in is missing in the download tarball - I created an empty
      one manually (may be that's the reason for issue 4.)

  3. There are syntactical errors in the C code which I patched [2]

  4. The make process does not touch the ucsc subdir thus the library is not build.

I gave up here since I assume that I'm probably missing something important.  Any idea how to get the package properly build?