Re: R 3.5.0 on April 23 -- new r-api-3.5 and full rebuilds needed

Le Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 04:30:19PM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel a écrit :

> In the twenty years that I have been behind this package (or helped
> Doug in the first few of those) we had at most two such changes: One
> was when the help system format changed; there may have been another.

Maybe the requirement for NAMESPACE files ?

> We have the pre-releases I made in experimental, but that is just (source)
> package r-base.  Come Monday, how do we go about calling for and scheduling a
> transition?  Seb, Charles, ... can you lend me a hand as I am a wee bit green
> about all this?

Yes, once the transition starts I hope that this time I will be able to
do some uploads from work.

Regarding the first version uploaded to experimental, I could use it to
install a Bioconductor package from scratch with no visible problem.
This is not heavy testing, but it is a good sign.

Have a nice day,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy