Re: More git workflow

Hi Dirk,

On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 02:58:30PM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> I currently have two questions I can't answer but which may be easy pickings
> for someone here:
>
> - I just had to do an 'out of sequence' package with a security patch for
>   stable (uploaded, DSA forthcoming)
>
>   What is the best way to get that into the proper place in the git repo?
>   Re-import by dsc?

I usually deal with this situation by creating a git branch (with the same name
as the targeted Debian stable release, e.g. "stretch"), which starts from the
git tag corresponding to the version initially in stable. Then you can work on
that branch as you would on master, except that you have to use the
--git-debian-branch (or --debian-branch, depends on the tool) option of gbp to
specify that you are working there.

For importing an existing .dsc, you could do:

  gbp import-dsc --debian-branch=stretch ${DSC_FILE}

> - Once a repo exists, the 'gbp import-orig --uscan' workflow is nice. But it
>   seems that when I done building and finish on 'debcommit -r && git push' I
>   only push master but not pristine-tar and upstream.  Am I missing a git
>   option or setting here?

You can use "git push --all" (followed by "git push --tags").

An alternative is to use "gbp push" (which takes care of everything), but this
is only available in unstable (not in stretch).

Best,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer