Re: Your upload of r-cran-xts

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 07:00:51AM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> On 15 March 2018 at 12:33, Sébastien Villemot wrote:

> | > [...]
> | >
> | > That one was in a funk. It _was_ an abandoned package, I needed a new version
> | > in one of my dependencies and made it.  If you guys want this one now, fine.
> |
> | I think you don't get it. The packaged was abandoned when you made your first
> | NMU some time ago, so that NMU was perfectly fine.
>
> I think you don't get it.  "State" for me is what is my CRAN/ directory from
> where a simple debian/watch sees a new package (or I know anyway because of
> http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/cranberries/ and the RSS feed and Tweets it
> generates) so I operate on it. That "state" had no idea that the team had
> decided to adopt the package.
>
> It was a simple miscommunication. I was unware you all now "owned" this. So
> no plot to take over the world and undo precious previous work. Next time I
> just file a bug report when "your" package needs an update.

I'm not claiming this is a plot or something intentional, I know it's just a
mistake, and everybody makes mistakes. Had you consulted the tracker page for the
package, you would have seen that an upload had recently happened and that it
was team-maintained, that's all about it.

And I'm in no way trying to deter you from updating packages from the team.
Quite the contrary, since you have commit rights on all the team's
repositories. You are more than welcome to contribute to those packages, as
long as you follow the team practices (which essentially means sticking to the
git workflow using git-buildpackage).

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer