Re: Your upload of r-cran-xts

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 06:26:06AM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> On 15 March 2018 at 08:41, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
> | I've seen that you've made an NMU of r-cran-xts, versioned 0.10-2-0.1.
> [...]
> | In the future, could you please be more careful and avoid erasing the work
> | of your fellow developers?
>
> That one was in a funk. It _was_ an abandoned package, I needed a new version
> in one of my dependencies and made it.  If you guys want this one now, fine.

I think you don't get it. The packaged was abandoned when you made your first
NMU some time ago, so that NMU was perfectly fine.

But then it was adopted by the team in a subsequent upload. And then your
second NMU reverted this adoption (and several other useful changes). This is
this second NMU that is problematic.

Now this is all fixed, thanks to another upload by Andreas, but please do not
repeat that mistake.

Also note that in the future, it is perfectly fine if you upload r-cran-xts
again, but as a "Team upload" (and not an NMU). Please then base your work on
the current state of the git repository, and push your changes there (you have
commit rights).

Best,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot