Re: kde-gtk-config_5.13.5-1_source.changes ACCEPTED into unstable

>>  Yep, I remember. But there were no reason to not update this version together
>>  with package update. Also debdiff says that two lines were changed in file
>>  "po/zh_CN/kde-gtk-config.po". ;-)
>
> Oh, I missed that, currently I'm checking the diff between upstream tags in
> minor versions, I guess I should probably also need to check the tarballs. :(

Yeah, two reasons among others why I don't like current KDE infrastructure:
1) They do not store translations in the same git repo where sources are,
   so you cannot easily get git snapshot with up to date localization files.
2) Their tarballs with releases of programs differ from sources in git tags.

As far as points above are closely related they might be merged into one... =)

>>>  Are you really that much against adding a version dependency is no longer in
>>>  the archive?
>
>>  This is not strictly a matter of principle, but just a question of common sense.
>
> Ok, let's agree that common sense is subjective here, and we just want something
> team acceptable, maintainable.
>
> Personally, I prefer adding the version dependency as a way of showing the
> upstream package requirements. That way the source package ends up being more
> independant of the current Debian archive, we don't need to review all the
> packages when some release is no longer being supported and if somebody wants
> to do some crazy thing with the package, well, we are not working against
> them.

Ok.

Best regards,
Boris