Re: gpgme 1.7.0~ alpha or beta to debian experimental?

On Mon 2016-09-19 09:27:25 -0400, Miguel Di Ciurcio Filho wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor
> <dkg@fifthhorseman.net> wrote:
>>
>> I do note that there's a python3-gpgme, but that is a python3 binding
>> for https://launchpad.net/products/pygpgme (maintained by Miguel Di
>> Ciurcio Filho), cc'ed here), but the only package in debian which
>
> I guess you are mistaken. I'm no the maintainer of that project.

I intended to suggest that you were the debian maintainer, not the
upstream maintainer.

According to https://packages.qa.debian.org/p/pygpgme.html you're the
maintainer, but Jonathan Wiltshire <jmw@debian.org> (cc'ed here) has
done every upload since 2009.

Miguel, should we remove you from the maintainers list and orphan the
package?

Jonathan, do you want to take over python-gpgme, or should we remove it
From debian in favor of upstream's python bindings for gpgme?  The
original thread from this discussion can be found starting here:

  https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-gnupg-maint/2016-September/004170.html

> I'm not involved anymore with anything related to pygpgme. Anyone that
> might be interested or affect by this change is more relevant to make
> a decision.

ok, thanks!

    --dkg