gpgme 1.7.0~ alpha or beta to debian experimental?

Hi debian maintainers of:
  GPGME,
  gpgmepp (libkf5qgpgme5),
  qgpgme (libqgpgme1), and
  pyme (python-pyme and python3-pyme)--

As i understand it from a talk given by Andre Heinecke (GPGME upstream,
cc'ed here) at OpenPGP.conf, GPGME 1.7.0 is likely to take over as
upstream from pyme, gpgmepp, and qgpgme.  (it will also add a
common-lisp binding, but that's not in debian at all, so i'll ignore it
for now).  1.7.0 isn't yet released, but it sounds like the release is
due fairly soon.

From the presentation and discussion afterward, it sounds like 1.7.0 is
likely to be a significant advance for gpgme and its dependencies.  In
particular, i like the idea that upstream is taking responsibility for
multiple language bindings and keeping them in sync.  But once such a
package is released, it might mean some package shuffling for debian.
In particular, it would probably make sense to build all of the binary
packages listed in the salutation directly from the single source
package.

This might be a bit messy unless we coordinate, and given the
fast-approaching deadline for the transition freeze for stretch, i think
we should consider coordinating sooner rather than later :)

It occurs to me that we could try doing this packaging in debian
experimental, using a snapshot from upstream git as an upstream tarball
instead of waiting for the official 1.7.0.

I don't think it'd be unreasonable for the debian GnuPG packaging team
take on these additional binary packages within the gpgme1.0 source
package, which would mean that the source packages for python-pyme, and
gpgmepp would probably go away, and the kdepimlibs library would stop
building libqgpgme1 and libgpgme++2v5.

Is anyone interested in working on this transition?  Does anyone have
any objections to the proposal of using experimental to stage something
like this, or to the idea of moving these binaries to the gpgme1.0
source package?

       --dkg