Re: [pkg-gnupg-maint] gpgme 1.7.0~ alpha or beta to debian experimental?

On Sat, 10 Sep 2016 19:00, dkg@fifthhorseman.net said:

> cc'ed here) at OpenPGP.conf, GPGME 1.7.0 is likely to take over as
> upstream from pyme, gpgmepp, and qgpgme.  (it will also add a
> common-lisp binding, but that's not in debian at all, so i'll ignore it

Right, except that the CL binding has been there for the last decade and
does not implement all features.

> It occurs to me that we could try doing this packaging in debian
> experimental, using a snapshot from upstream git as an upstream tarball
> instead of waiting for the official 1.7.0.

I had to change the ABI for non-released stuff recently and there is
small chance that it will happen again before the release.  But well,
that new code is not yet in use by any Debian package.

Missing items for the release are support for the new --quick commands
and for --tofu-policy.  I'll work on this next week; gpgme 1.7.0 has
currently top priority.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

 /* Join us at OpenPGP.conf  <https://openpgp-conf.org> */