Re: Why are some 4.13 packages uploaded to unstable and others to experimental?

¡Hola Diederik!

El 2014-05-27 a las 00:30 +0200, Diederik de Haas escribió:
> I've seen quite a number of msgs about 4.13 package being uploaded to the
> Debian archives (thanks!) in the last couple of days.
> But I also noticed that some are uploaded to unstable, while others are
> uploaded to experimental. Why is that?
> For example baloo is uploaded to experimental, while kde-runtime is uploaded
> to unstable (and most/all kdepim packages to experimental).

kdepim-runtime requires a new version of libkolab and libkolabxml to build the
kolab support, which the kolab maintainers and Paul Boddie are looking into,
but in the meantime we needed baloo to go through the new queue, so the
experimental version is kdepim with baloo support but without the kolab
support.

--
"Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a quality that decides between
success and failure."