Re: Reply for Call for help from KDE Team

On 05/07/2014 10:32 AM, sibi kanagaraj wrote:

> //, I would say that cleaning some
> old bugs would help us. That means checking bugs that have no activity for
> quite some time (let's say 6 months), verify that the bug is still there and
> close it otherwise. In any case, add a new entry in the bug log saying what
> you found.//
>
> I have not done this before . So , I decided to wait for few days and
> observe the happenings and thought that I could figure out what is to be
> done . Daily I see some 10-12 bug tracking mails .Apart from that , I
> have not been able to trace out whats happening .
>
> If there is any documentation on what is to be read , I will read it and
> start checking the bugs .

You could start here: https://www.debian.org/Bugs/

The best is to validate if you can reproduce the bugs on your setup.
If yes, further investigate whether it is a packaging bug or a bug in
KDE upstream.

If an upstream bug, check in upstream tracker if there is already a bug
filed. If not filed, file a bug upstream and associate the Debian bug to it.

If it is a packaging bug, please add that detail in the bug report. Over
time you will start fixing the bugs.