Re: [Fwd: About gpgme1.0 (1.4.1-0.1) and libpth-dev]

Package: libgpgme11
Severity: serious
Version: 1.4.1-0.1

On Tuesday 28 May 2013 15:35:07 Maximiliano Curia wrote:
> ¡Hola Daniel!
>
> El Tuesday, May 28, 2013 a las 08:06 escribiste:
> > The build-time dependency on libpth-dev has been dropped in upstream
> > release 1.3.2. Check out the NEWS file.
>
> Ok, great.

So you broke the abi of the package. That needs a proper transition, not
papering stuff over with rebuilds. And it means we also need to do a transition
with libgpgme++. Alterantively, we need to bring it back. If it is abi
compatible with one of the other libraries, we might be able to get away with
a couple of symlinks.

Libraries isn't hard. It just needs a bit of consideration.

/Sune