Re: KDE text for release notes?

On Wed 01 May 2013 10:38:39 Julien Cristau escribió:
> On Wed, May  1, 2013 at 10:20:17 -0300, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
wrote:
> > There are no major changes in KDE land, mostly evolution of what we have
> > seen in Squeeze.
>
> OK, thanks.
>
> > - We are shipping KDE 4.8.4 and Qt 4.8.2.
> > - The KOffice suite has been replaced by Calligra.
>
> KDE and koffice/calligra are listed in
> http://www.debian.org/releases/wheezy/amd64/release-notes/ch-whats-new.en.h
> tml#newdistro
>
> > - Wheezy is the first release without Qt3.
>
> Mentioned as part of the LSB paragraph later in that section.

**Excellent**

> > - We now have a graphical package manager again, apper.
>
> Should we add a paragraph about this somewhere?  Any proposed wording?

The maintainer pointed me out that there is already a generic paragraph about
PackageKit at http://wiki.debian.org/NewInWheezy#Desktop_and_Laptop.

We could add: "Apper should not be seen as a full replacement of the apt
command-line tools or Synaptic but as a tool aiming at simplicity." to avoid
people making false assumptions.

Thanks!

--
So that's it - insecure, indiscriminate, user-hostile, slow, and full
of difficult, nit-picking people. Any other online community would

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/