The use of Htdig inside Kdehelpcenter.

Dear all,          (Please, do CC me in your replies to this message.)

I am considering adopting Htdig, which happens to be the central part
in your helpcenter construct. The software and the package are in bad
shape, but KDE seems not to bother about #620416. The same corrupt
datebase is built in '~/.kde/share/apps/...'.

Personally I do not use KDE, but I have installed it now on a test system.
(Do not expect me to become a convert, Wmii, Openbox or VT are my stuff!)

There is one issue concerning Htdig that needs immediate discussion,
namely the assignment '$common_dir = /etc/htdig/'. This directory is
really the wrong location for HTML templates and word lists, but
unfortunately I have now discovered that this very directory is also
hard coded into 'khc_htdig.pl' and 'khc_docbookdig.pl' in the form of
'$htdigdata'.

Personally, I am convinced this should be move to a new location
'/usr/lib/htdig/'. The migration is fairly straightforward for
Htdig in isolation, but I am uncertain how Khelpcenter will react
to the change. Please give me your view on this.

Best regards,
  Mats Erik Andersson, DM