Re: KDE4 testing on Alpha

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 08:02:32PM +1300, Michael Cree wrote:
> On 13/12/11 01:58, Bob Tracy wrote:
> > Wonderful news concerning gcc/g++-4.6, and I think rebuilding several of
> > our (Alpha's) more "questionable" packages would be a worthwhile
> > exercise.
>
> We are now defaulting to gcc-4.6 on Alpha.  I have binNMU qt4-x11 to
> rebuild with gcc-4.6.  Are there any other KDE packages that should be
> binNMU in the hope that we can rid the KDE crashes?

Rebuilding that one source package was enough to take care of all the
KDE4 crashes I've seen *other* than the console-based sessions, which
are probably KMS-related.  With the qt4-x11 packages built using the 4.4
compiler *with* optimization, even "kdm" would segfault.  Let me know
when the new qt4-x11 binary packages are ready, and I'll release the
holds on my current custom-built packages (to give the new ones a try).

Thanks!

--Bob