Re: The use of Htdig inside Kdehelpcenter.

torsdag den  7 april 2011 klockan 22:44 skrev Sune Vuorela detta:
> On Thursday 07 April 2011 17:08:22 Mats Erik Andersson wrote:
> > Personally, I am convinced this should be move to a new location
> > '/usr/lib/htdig/'. The migration is fairly straightforward for
> > Htdig in isolation, but I am uncertain how Khelpcenter will react
> > to the change. Please give me your view on this.
>
> I just looked quickly at it, and in kdebase-runtime (srcpackage of khc) we are
> having a patch that sets these paths.

I have tested the new packaging of htdig (the minimal change set
intentionally only concerns '/var/lib/htdig/' and '/usr/share/htdig/')
against the kdehelpcenter in Squeeze, where I manually altered the
paths for "common_dir" in khc_htdig.pl and khc_docbookdig.pl,
and I also renamed wordlists and templates in old "/etc/htdig/"
in order to avoid false positives.

All seems well. The helpcenter builds indices (with the same XSL errors
as it always throws) in my home directory and deposits a configuration
file naming the new path correctly.

Well, until I try to use "khelpcenter" for a search, that is.
But then again, the same effect holds even with the public htdig.
The problem: After searching for "okular", a small search result
is presented, which however contains an erroneous schema:

    help:file:///home/mats/.kde4/.../kde_application_manuals.tmp/index.html

The prefix "help:" is plainly wrong. Stating duplicate schemas is incorrect.
The index file itself contains a long list of anchors. Failing to understand
the cause for this, I will wait for a pointer.

(Another effect I do not understand is why Nepomuk and friends need
to consume processor power fairly often.)

> We just need to coordinate things, something like this:
>
> 0) we agree on when day1 is, maybe involving teh release team if it is in the
> middle of something else.
>
> day 1) you upload htdig and add Breaks: khelpcenter, khelpcenter4 (<=
> version_currently_in_archive)
> day 1.5) we upload kdebase-runtime with changed paths.
> day 10) ask release team to hint k-r and htdig in together.
> day 11) celebrate

Well, since I will need a sponsor, the actions are almost self regulating.

I will upload to 'mentors.debian.net' a package suggestion in the near
future, will mark it as "No, thanks" using the web interface, send an
RFS to this list, and hope that somebody will find my work sound enough.

That will give you all a delay you might care to use for pre-testing
"kdebase-runtime" with my proposed "htdig", an action possible even
before you let htdig proceed into 'unstable.

Unless I receive critisism, due to which I must alter my packaging,
I can conduct other work while listening for complaints until day eleven.
The possible collaboration with the release team is better handled by
whomever examine my packaging. My experience is insufficient here.

Best regards,
   Mats E A, DM