Re: [RFR] templates://phonon/{phonon-backend-null.templates}

Hello,

On antradienis 22 Kovas 2011 08:23:23 Christian PERRIER wrote:
> I think that "error" is more well suited for this warning

I disagree. Warning is not an error by definition. It is not wrong to have
phonon-backend-null installed if you know what you are doing and you are doing
this intentionally. As I made some changes to prefer phonon-backend-null
whenever libphonon-dev is installed (for buildds), I added this warning to
avoid *accidental* installations of this package on the user systems.

What is more, from debconf-devel(7):

error  This  datatype  is  used  for error messages, such as input validation
       errors.  Debconf will show a question of this
       type even if the priority is too high or the user has already seen it.

The behaviour of this datatype clearly conflicts with my intentions and
current scripts. I will not accept this change. Other changes are ok.

--
Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org>