Re: issue with device notifier in kde4.4.3 (only in panel)

Hi Iker,

First of all, the list for users question and talk is debian-kde@l.d.o.

About your question:
On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 12:22:34AM +0200, Iker Salmón San Millán wrote:
> Hello, I have this problem since you uploaded kde4.4 in
> qt-experimental-snapshots repository, but i wasn't sure if it was only a
> trouble with my system.
> I cannot unmount usb disks with the device notifier in the panel, because
> even the font size it is too big or it doesn't resize properly.
>
> When this plasmoid is in the desktop, although it is smaller than the text
> to show, The text stands out together with the button to unmount the device,
> but when it is on the panel this does not happen, making imposible to
> unmount it.
>
> I haven't found anything similar happening to anybody, but i think that
> there is not happening because of my configuration, y have purged and
> reinstaled kde and remove ~/.kde, tried to change fonts size (it seems that
> cannot change plasmoids font size) and i haven't changed the theme of kde.
>
> because i am not sure if can explain myself good enough i have taken two
> snapshots to explain the problem and published in esdebian.org.
>
> It is in spanish but  the explanation is the same, just if some of you want
> to see the pictures:
>
> http://www.esdebian.org/foro/41145/notificador-dispositivos-kde44-demasiado-pequeno
>

> I am thinking that maybe is because the translation to spanish needs more
> space that the original text english, but i am just guessing.
>
> what should i have to do? report it as a bug? or request to kde developers
> as feature to avoid the text to stands out the plasmoid?

You could file a request to make the window bigger automatically when the
translation is too long, but I am not sure developers will agree with this
(and I am not sure there is a shorter translation with full sense.)
However, there is a bug if the button does not appear when you put your
mouse over the hard drive you plugged so I suggest you report it all at
http://bugs.kde.org

Ana