Re: libsoprano sesame2 backend

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 04:18:35PM +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed kubuntu on one of my boxes and found that they have nepomuk
> *usable* because they have been able to package and ship the sesame2 soprano
> backend.
>
> >From what I remember, Debian KDE team didn't have the resource to package
> it. Now that it is packaged for kubuntu, would it make sense to package and
> push it to at lease experimental ?

Are you talking about something you found in a PPA or other repo?
Because ubuntu's soprano's package is quite similar to Debian's:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/soprano

There were some distribution problems not very clear with some sesame2 stuff
(jar files ) last time I checked, and that is also a problem for ubuntu.

Also, take into account thata  package something is not putting some files under
debian/, ship it to the archive and forget. You have to look at the
different packaging policies (in this case java) and keep them updated, look
at all the build depends and depends packaged, then keep mantaining it and
being able to look at bug reports... Nobody in the team was interested in that,
and that is most of the job.

I think we both, ubuntu and debian packages, are looking forward to see the
virtuoso backend.

Ana