Re: Qt package for Maemo

Hi Sune,
> Are you working against current debian/experimental package or debian/unstable
> or pkg-kde svn packaging or something else ?
I'm working with the  debian/experimental package.

>> 1. Why are you using find with --delete flag instead that find with
>> "-print0 | xargs -0 rm -rf" in debian/rules?
>>     Maemo uses the old find version and the delete flag is not available at
>> all.
>
> I don't think we ever planned to be used with so old toolchains. I also don't
> know if the packaging actually works with the debhelper version 4 as maemo
> ships.
Seems that there is only one issue in the Qt package and that is the
adoption of the new version
of find.

>> 2. I'm going to split the libqt4-dbg in several packages in order to
>> save space on the device and permit the
>>     developer to debug the application on the device.
>>     Eg. Moving the qt3support symbols in a new dbg package.
>>     Are you interested to split the debug package or not?
>
> The -dbg is already split in several parts if you look at the newest
> packaging. libqt4-dbg, libqt4-webkit-dbg, libqt4-xmlpatterns-dbg. Back then,
> we didn't think it would gain much to split it further.
I know that it's split but not enough for a mobile device. I know also
that probably
it's not easy push more than 60Mb of debug symbols in a device in order to
debug Qt.
The best way to debug Qt is running a gdbserver into device and run
a gdb client. However I never tried yet it, so I don't know if there
are problems or not.

>> 3. I want to create the "not-installed" file. Is the script public
>> available? Or I need to write it by myself?
>
> This is just manually.. Or when you are satisfied with what debian/rules list-
> missing returns as not installed, just doing debian/rules list-missing |sed
> 's/^-//' > debian/not-installed  you are home safe.  Note that this feature
> needs newer cdbs than provided by maemo debian devkit.
Okay, I can try to install the new cdbs on a new scratchbox target in order to
generate the  debian/not-installed file and to check if the maemo
changes are okay.

Thank you again. ;D

Regards,
Antonio

PS: I'm going to update the Qt src package in our svn repository at
http://qt4.garage.maemo.org
       and to build it on Maemo Autobuilder.