Re: KDE plans for the lenny cycle

Am Freitag, 13. April 2007 10:40 schrieb Tom Albers:

Good morning

[snip]

> > Toma, i would like to hear your opinion about this :)
>
> Thanks for asking.
>
> We ( = KDE in this case) are still on track for the 4.0 release in october.
> If Lenny is released in 24 months, that means ~18 months after that
> release. It's obvious that 4.0.0 is not the version to release with Lenny.
> I think there will be a few minor releases quickly to iron out the most
> urgent problems and I expect a 4.1 release for some bigger changes.
>
> To summarize: I think 3.5.7 will be a great stable and reliable release, we
> can't say much about KDE4 untill it's out there, but I think it should be
> possible to get it stable in time for Lenny, I think that's in upstreams
> interest as well ;-) But it's to early to say which version. In any case
> there's always 3.5.7 to fall back on.

Just a thought:

What about the possibility to have both (kde 3.5.x and kde 4.y.z) installed
and runnable in parallel?

But this is a good opportunity to say all of the debian-qt-kde team a big
thank you for your work! Thanks a lot.

I use Debian with KDE on all my computers and install it on schools too.

> gr.
>
> Toma

griits
Mario