Re: Installing libartsc0 on Etch breaks xine.

On Sunday 01 April 2007, Ananda Samaddar wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> this is a bit of a strange one so I haven't submitted a bug report though
> I've checked the bts.  Basically if libartsc0 is installed then Xine
> (package xine-ui) is extremely unstable and can crash the x server or
> starts with the following message displayed in the terminal:
>
> can't create mcop directory

This looks like the two bug reports:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=396219 and

although they somehow seems like they are reversed what you see - they only
talk about errors when arts is not available at all. Are you sure that that
isn't the case you have?

> The situation is fixed by installing the libarts1-xine package.  Is there
> not a way that the libartsc0 package can check for a xine / xine-lib
> installation and then install the libarts1-xine package?
It is unfortunately not possible to express that kind of dependencies - but I
think it is a bug in xine that it doesn't fail gracefully.

/Sune
--
How may I close the clock?

First from the panel menu inside Windows 7000 you can never ping the e-mail to
doubleclick a GPU.