Re: anyone give me some advice about split scim-bridge

On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 06:29:33PM +0800, Wen-Yen Chuang wrote:
> Brian Nelson wrote:
> >ZhengPeng Hou <zhengpeng.hou@gmail.com> writes:
> >>   I've already splited scim-brodge into scom-brodge-agent
> >>   scim-brodge-client-gtk, scim-bridge-client-qt, and scim-bridge(a
> >>   dumy package for upgrade),

I don't think the scim-bridge dummy package is necessary in Debian since
scim-bridge was never in a stable release.

> >>   but now the upstream has added qt4 support, so shall I split it
> >>   into five?
> >Is there any significant difference between the two to give a reason to
> >justify having both?
>
> QT4 and QT3 immodules should be separated.
> I think "scim-bridge" can be combined with -agent or -client-gtk.
> Maybe "scim-bridge" and *-gtk, *-qt3, *-qt4?
> Thus they will still be 4 packages.

Scim-bridge is currently a dummy package.  Also I would expect
scim-bridge package to be some package I just install to get all
scim-bridge support, not just some underlying agent binary.  If we go
this way and have four packages (which I agree is a good split), I
suppose the package names should be: scim-bridge-common (or
scim-bridge-agent), scim-bridge-gtk, scim-bridge-qt3, and
scim-bridge-qt4.

Ming
2007.08.11