Re: anyone give me some advice about split scim-bridge

On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 02:25:16AM -0400, Brian Nelson wrote:
> ZhengPeng Hou <zhengpeng.hou@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > hi all,
> >    I've already splited scim-brodge into scom-brodge-agent
> >    scim-brodge-client-gtk, scim-bridge-client-qt, and scim-bridge(a
> >    dumy package for upgrade), but now the upstream has added qt4
> >    support, so shall I split it into five? likde -agent, -client-gtk
> >    -client-qt3, and -client-qt4? is this scheme ok?
>
> Is there any significant difference between the two to give a reason to
> justify having both?  If not, I'd just pick the best supported one and
> just package that.

(IIUC you are talking about the -qt3 and -qt4 packages.)

Both the Qt3 and Qt4 "client" are built from the same source package.
They are just some plugin-like shared object modules that can be loaded
by Qt3/4 applications at runtime so that they can use input methods.
The Qt3 and Qt4 modules fit into different plugin/module framework (the
Qt3 and Qt4 ones, of course) and support different applications.

Ming
2007.08.11