Re: Build failure with autoconf 2.60: "requires autoconf 2.53 or newer"

On Tuesday 25 July 2006 13:40 pm, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> Half of KDE and a number of other applications currently fail to build
>
> with a message similar to:
> | *** YOU'RE USING autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.60.
> | *** KDE requires autoconf 2.53 or newer
>
> Before I file bugs on these packages, I wanted to check whether this
> is a known problem and/or whether the new autoconf reports its version
> in an incompatible way (that could be changed to avoid these build
> failures).
>
> Comments?

I already knew this was an issue in kdeedu and kdegames.  However, there's a
new upstream version 3.5.4 of KDE due out soon, and I was planning to wait
for that to make new uploads.

(PS, a small comment on the patch that got applied on kdepim -- it's just
going to break again once autoconf gets up to version 2.70, when it would
have been just as easy to keep it working through version 2.99.)

(PPS, I never got any email asking if I could handle the upload of kdepim
myself, which I could have.  But thanks anyway for taking care of that.)
--
Daniel Schepler