RE: Debian support for XDG_MENU_PREFIX under GNOME
- To: "Kevin Krammer" <email@example.com>
- Cc: "Josselin Mouette" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Sebastien Bacher" <email@example.com>, Marc Dequènes <Duck@DuckCorp.org>, Adeodato Simó <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Vincent Untz" <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Banginwar, Rajesh" <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: Debian support for XDG_MENU_PREFIX under GNOME
- From: "Bastian, Waldo" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 14:05:27 -0800
- Message-id: <1B47D24854C7BC4FA8DA28BEBB59B0BAF1B2D4@orsmsx419.amr.corp.intel.com>
>> Note that the environment variable doesn't need to control the behavior
>> the desktop environment, it should merily inform applications about the
>> prefix that's used for the current session.
>Just to make sure I understand correctly: the desktop environment actually
>doesn't have to use the configured prefix,
Correct, it could do so but it doesn't have to.
> but instead it should set it in
>case it has a hardcoded or otherwise configured one?
>Because in this case we should probably fix my upstream patches and make
>sure Debian's startkde sets the variable correctly.
>Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer
>KDE user support, developer mentoring