Re: kmail crashes pretty often - how can I help debug the cause?

Hi Christoph,

On Sunday 03 December 2006 15:42, Christoph Haas wrote:

> If you want I can create yet another bug report on b.d.o but perhaps you
> give me hints on how I can help you find the actual cause for the crashes.
> Hope it's okay that I attached all the crash reports. It feels like most of
> the crashes happen when I mass delete messages through IMAP. There seem to
> be some minor issues with IMAP mailboxes anyway because if I do certain
> actions in parallel e.g. kmail forgets to redraw the screen. Say I delete
> 10 mails and while my request is processed the cursor is on the 11th mail.
> But even after the first 10 mails are deleted the lower right part of the
> kmail application (the message view) doesn't show the actual mail. I have
> to manually select another mail in the mail list view and then go back
> again to have the mail displayed.

It might help to use disconnected (cached) IMAP instead, in case you currently
use normal IMAP.
I have to admit that most of my email traffic is POP3 based, but I am using
disconnected IMAP for about two years on a low traffic university account and
it never acted badly.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring