Re: intent to do a poppler transition

Le lun 2 octobre 2006 14:26, Ondřej Surý a écrit :
> Hi,
> poppler 0.5.4 (f.d.o PDF rendering library) was declared stable by
> upstream and I would like to upload new version to unstable which
> changes SONAME from 0 to 1.  No API changes were done between 0.4.x
> and 0.5.x so just rebuild with new libpoppler-dev should be enough.
> Also libpoppler.so moved to Libs.private:, so packages compiled
> against -qt,-glib binding should not directly depend on libpoppler
> after recompile (which is good thing :-).

> […]

> Through libpoppler0c2-qt:
>   kdegraphics-kfile-plugins

we will have a new dot release of kde soon, kde 3.5.5 that we'd like to
push into etch, as it's (1) a minor fix-release (2) and that it address
many of the kde current RC bugs.

the 3.5.5 release is due to oct 10th, and I suppose the tarballs will be
made available to us in the coming few days (probably end of the week).
so we are ready to coordinate an upload here.

·O·  Pierre Habouzit