intent to do a poppler transition

Hi,

poppler 0.5.4 (f.d.o PDF rendering library) was declared stable by
upstream and I would like to upload new version to unstable which
changes SONAME from 0 to 1.  No API changes were done between 0.4.x and
0.5.x so just rebuild with new libpoppler-dev should be enough.  Also
libpoppler.so moved to Libs.private:, so packages compiled against
-qt,-glib binding should not directly depend on libpoppler after
recompile (which is good thing :-).

Affected packages (directly):
  texlive-base-bin
  tetex-bin
  poppler-utils
  libpopplerkit0
  libpdfkit0
  kdegraphics-kfile-plugins
  evince
  abiword-plugins

Through libpoppler0c2-qt:
  kdegraphics-kfile-plugins

Through libpoppler0c2-glib:
  evince

Gnome Team will take care of evince, and I am Ccing maintainers of
affected packages (although I think that binary NMU can fix that?).

The reason for this is that poppler 0.4.x is very buggy and it will not
be supported from upstream.  Also number of affected packages in not
very high.

Ondrej.
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>