Re: howto pack kdm-themes

Christopher Martin wrote:

>> So chances are high, that in the next moths better themes will appear and
>> it would be sad if we had to stick with old themes just because I was
>> "mad now" to upload some packages.
>>
>> If it would be possible to add some themes from time to time, than I'd
>> get my hands on some top-10-on-kde-look-org themes an make a new package
>> in the next days.
>
> For now, there is no need to ship more than one theme, if you don't want
> to. Personally, I don't think it would be really necessary to strictly
> track a top-10 list or anything like that. Simply add themes to the
> package when they're requested (unless you judge them to be crap), or when
> you have found something that looks popular and seems of decent quality.
> This would probably mean that your package will grow over the next year,
> as kdm themes become more popular (as you point out). But this is just my
> opinion - you can manage the collection as you feel fit, adding (and
> removing) themes.

Ok

>> And when we talk about kdm-themes -- would it be possible to uncomment
>> the "UseTheme=True" line in kdmrc in future (>= 3.4.2) versions of kde?
>
> I'm not sure this is a good idea. While it would simplify setup for users
> of your package, the difference is only very slight, since they'll still
> have to edit kdmrc to tell kdm which specific theme to use. Also,
> uncommenting "UseTheme=True" means that kdm's default appearance will be
> the Circles theme. Not only do I personally find it unattractive, but I
> think a lot of users would probably prefer that kdm's default appearance
> remain as it is.

Ok,

the only remaining problem seems for me how to name this package. I'd like
to name it now "kde-kdm-themes" and put for now only the krystal theme in
it.

Would this name be Ok und would someone from the team sponsor this upload in
order to make ftp-masters sure, that this package is ok?

Kind regards

Bastian