Bug#323747: kdelibs-data: upgrading from 4:3.3.2-6.1 to 4:3.4.2-1 broke kicker & konqueror & more
I upgraded my version of kdelibs-data today, and when I rebooted, I found that a
number of things were broken:
- The k-menu had no application entries at all (I tried running update-menus and
kbuildsycoca to fix this, but that made no difference)
- The quicklauncher in kicker had lost it's buttons for the applications that I
usually have there.
- When I ran konqueror, the part on the left, which can show the directory
structure, the bookmarks, the services, etc, was gone.
- When I tried to "configure konqueror" from the settings menu nothing happened.
- When I tried to run kcontrol, I got the kcontrol window with nothing in it -
ie the background picture on the right was there, listing my kde version,
username etc. However, there were no entries listed on the left in any of the
tabs for index/search/help
I reckon that there were probably more things wrong than these that I didn't
happen to find.
Downgrading kdelibs-data to the previous version solved all of these problems.
-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
APT prefers unstable
APT policy: (500, 'unstable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
Kernel: Linux 2.6.8-2-686
Locale: LANG=en_AU.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_AU.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Versions of packages kdelibs-data depends on:
ii hicolor-icon-theme 0.8-1 default fallback theme for FreeDes
kdelibs-data recommends no packages.
-- no debconf information