Re: Request from Debian packagers: please don't ship debian/ in tarballs

* Lauri Watts [Wed, 25 May 2005 14:10:45 +0200]:

Hi Lauri!

> Given that, I'll ask again what I asked yesterday: Excluding the man pages
> this time, if the rest of them are out of date, and possibly break builds,
> you are happy with your own repo, and they are not to be shipped, isn't this
> a good time to take the debian directories out of the KDE repo?  What use
> would it be to leave them there?

  Personally, I don't have an opinion yet. In my original mail, I said
  "this is a suboptimal situation, and we will soon discuss possible
  solutions to improve the status of this". Such discussion hasn't
  happened yet, but one of the possible solutions is "svn rm".

  Alas, and as I also mentioned in my mail, this only applies to half of
  the modules: Ben Burton does all his work in the KDE repository
  directly, not in the svn.debian.org one, so the modules he takes care
  of are reasonably up to date. So one other posible solution is that we
  maintain the rest of the modules up to date too, in order not to
  remove just half of them.

  Can we be given a bit more time to decide? (Of course, if the KDE
  Project says, "well, take your time but we'd prefer them removed",
  that'll be a quite importan factor in our decision, but till now only
  Lauri has pushed for them being removed).

  Cheers,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny..."
                -- Isaac Asimov