Re: New font defaults for new users - feedback wanted!

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 12:16:26 -0400, Christopher Martin wrote:

> A 17" display, 16" viewale, at 1024x768 is ~80 dpi, but most people
> probably run at 1280x1024,

Just FYI, since you asked for feedback (and because most of my
colleagues say the same as you):  I use 17" monitors everywhere, and I
run at either 800x600 or 1024x768 resolution depending on which
version of OtherOS[TM], or KDE, I'm using.  I've tried running at
higher resolutions, but frankly I value my eyesight, and feel it would
suffer if I used such resolutions on 17" screens.  My eyesight is
basically OK, but my eyes (irises) have a tendency to become inflamed
if I incur eye-strain ...

So spare a thought for those of us with less-than-electron-microscope
vision capability please :-)

I realise you're only talking about default-setting here, but I've
noticed that KDE already looks a lot better at 1024x768 than at
800x600 ... as if the higher resolutions are being "designed in".

Just my 2p.

Cheers,
Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK
system and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world.
                -- seen on the net