Re: New font defaults for new users - feedback wanted!

On Friday 08 April 2005 22:28, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > With scalable fonts and TFTs dpi tweaking is stupid (IMO or course).
> the point is I use bitmap fonts for monospace fonts in my terminals, and
> I can assure you the dpi is quite important then ;)
>
> give me a nice looking monospaced font ... and I'll see. but it does not

Heh, use custom font set to to a TTF like, e.g., 'Courier New' and be done ;)
[AFAIR SuSE also has a usable TTF font in konsole.]

E.g. on IRC I suggested:

cat > /etc/kde3/konsolerc <<EOT
[Desktop Entry]
defaultfont=Monospace,10,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
font=8
EOT

If you don't like this font in konsole you will not like it
in kate either.  So using a pixel font for konsole is no
general solution.  I'll try my SuSE live CDROM next Monday
to find out what they use.  It wasn't the nonfree M$ courier new.

> exists (antialiasing is a pain for monospace fonts in my vim IMHO)

konsole and antialiasing isn't a goot idea I fully agree.

Achim

                                      -- reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com