Re: kdm is missing from the 3.4 packages

Le Dim 6 Mars 2005 18:52, Jan Schulz a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I installed the kde 3.4 packages from alioth. Everything works apart
> from logging in via kdm. I just saw, that this might be due to
> missing kdm 3.4 packages, which are not available form the alioth
> site, althought kdebase metions the 3.4 package.

it is completely witting
in fact, kdm upgrade needs a big packaging effort in order to make the
config transition. and we have not provided the package in order to
avoid users getting angry ;)

you may find a recent kdm package on [1]

but *IT IS COMPLETELY UNSUPORTERD* so please don't report any bugs
against it, I'm not even sure it works.

and if you provide this url on another ML, please give the disclaimer as
well.

we are working on clean kdm packages, and they will be ready in time.

 [1] http://pauillac.inria.fr/~habouzit/kdm_3.4.0-0pre1_i386.deb
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit
··O