Re: is lintian warning about .desktop location correct for kicker applets?

El Jueves, 13 de Enero de 2005 15:48, Helen Faulkner escribió:
> I actually saw that one just after I posted to this list (thanks for
> suggesting it though).

Ah, OK, sorry.

> The bug suggests that there are some obselete directories (eg
> /usr/share/applnk) and some good ones, but it doesn't say whether
> /usr/share/apps/kicker/applets is obselete or good.    I've looked for
> documentation on this in the Debian pages and the KDE pages, but not
> found anything that answers that question for me.

Read the bug report again. ;-)

There are at least two obsolete directories (the ones GNOME and KDE were using
in the past), and the new one, the one that FreeDesktop standarized. But this
place is __only__ for menus (and desktop files have other purposes, as
your .desktop in kaquarium for registering a kicker applet, or the ones used
for service menus, kparts, etc.).

And this is the reason why lintian has a bug in this test.

> Can I assume from your reply that /usr/share/apps/kicker/applets is
> infact a good location for a .desktop file for a panel applet, and that
> therefore the lintian warning is wrong in this particular case?

What says the Makefile.am? Looking in kdeaddons/kicker-applets/, I see that
the standard place seems to be $(kde_datadir)/kicker/applets. If your
Makefile.am installs the desktop in the same place, it's OK (it seems so).

Take a look at this document, I hope it will be useful:
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/other/makefile_am_howto.html

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2
http://darkshines.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@bulmalug.net