Re: Desktop task broken on !(i386/powerpc)

On Sat, Jan 01, 2005 at 08:08:16PM +0100, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> * Martin Michlmayr [Sat, 01 Jan 2005 18:09:39 +0000]:
> > The "Desktop environment" task is broken on non-i386/powerc machines
> > because of kdegraphics:
>
>   I don't know what response is expected from the KDE Team. just to do a
>   catch-all reply: yes, we are aware of the issue but it's out of our
>   domain. as you probably already know, it is caused by a t-p-u
>   kdegraphics upload being forced into sarge with missing builds (in the
>   days of the libtiff transition). this was regarded, we can imagine, as
>   the lesser of all evils by the Release Team.
>
>   I believe the Release Managers would have allowed for individual
>   kdegraphics 4:3.2.3-1.1 builds to trickle into testing, but afaict no
>   arches other than i386 and powerpc managed to build it (I have no
>   ACCEPTED mail, and no binaries in the mirrors either). some RM should
>   be able to say why no other arch could build it.
>
>   please let us know if we can be of any help.

I think the real solution to this recuring problem is to split the dekstop
patch into a "just X", "gnome" and "KDE" task. This is much more friendlier to
our non-broadband users, and it makes the task stuff actually usable. As it
stands, we could as well not show it.

Friendly,

Sven Luther