Re: Desktop task broken on !(i386/powerpc)

* Martin Michlmayr [Sat, 01 Jan 2005 18:09:39 +0000]:
> The "Desktop environment" task is broken on non-i386/powerc machines
> because of kdegraphics:

  I don't know what response is expected from the KDE Team. just to do a
  catch-all reply: yes, we are aware of the issue but it's out of our
  domain. as you probably already know, it is caused by a t-p-u
  kdegraphics upload being forced into sarge with missing builds (in the
  days of the libtiff transition). this was regarded, we can imagine, as
  the lesser of all evils by the Release Team.

  I believe the Release Managers would have allowed for individual
  kdegraphics 4:3.2.3-1.1 builds to trickle into testing, but afaict no
  arches other than i386 and powerpc managed to build it (I have no
  ACCEPTED mail, and no binaries in the mirrors either). some RM should
  be able to say why no other arch could build it.

  please let us know if we can be of any help.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Truth is the most valuable thing we have, so let's economize it.
                -- Mark Twain