Re: kde 3.3.x

On Thursday 16 December 2004 21:51, Frederik Dannemare wrote:
> On Friday 10 December 2004 18:16, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> > * Frederik Dannemare [Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:05:32 +0100]:

[ snip ]

> I'll get to test k3b very soon. That is, as soon as I reboot - my cdr
> device has had serious problems with kernels from since 2.6.7. Even
> the very latest 2.6.8-10 cannot cope with DMA being enabled on my cdr
> device and ide1 gets defunct. Thus, no way to acces hdc/hdd, until I
> reboot and disable DMA on the cdr device.

k3b from testing is certainly highly unstable when used with KDE from
unstable, Has crashed on me 3 times in no time. I haven't even gotten
around to burning yet. Just poking around in the various settings makes
it crash. Output in term is similar every time:

frederik@homer:~$ k3b
k3b: WARNING: KGenericFactory: instance requested but no instance name
passed to the constructor!
free(): invalid pointer 0x8423ea8!
Alarm clock

Best regards,