Re: Dependency kdegraphics

El Jueves, 2 de Septiembre de 2004 19:52, Damien Raude-Morvan escribió:
> Le Jeudi 2 Septembre 2004 19:17, Peter Holm a écrit :
> > Installed a few weeks ago DEB-Sarge as a desired successor of my mixture
> > of SuSE and own enhancements of LINUX. So please don't be too harsh if my
> > question is very newbie.
>
> Welcome on Debian :)

Peter, please note that this is off-topic for this list. This is a list for
the mantainers of kde packages, not for user questions. Next time, please ask
in debian-user, or debian-kde. ;-)

> I don't know how aptitude work, i'm using it. I'm directly apt-getting
> (aptitude is a frontend to 'apt-get' command).

No! This is not true. Both apt-get and aptitude are frontends to libapt. See
'apt-cache depends apt', and 'apt-cache depends aptitude'.

> I think aptitude may think "ok you don't want kdegraphics, so i'll remove
> all uneeded dependencies". Maybe an option ?

Yes, that's the problem. If you install kdegraphics, aptitude remembers that
this package is installed manually, and installs all dependencies as
installed automatically, so if you remove kdegraphics, aptitude removes all
packages without reverse dependencies, if the user doesn't install them
manually.

Solution: don't install kdegraphics if you don't want all the packages that
kdegraphics provides, install the ones you will need.

Greetings.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2
http://darkshines.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@bulmalug.net