Re: QT needs new maintainer(s), or at least an NMU

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Martin Loschwitz wrote:

> I think the solution this time is rather to find people to send me
> patches; not to mix up people in a maintainer group.
>
> As maintainer of the Qt packages, I hereby officially deny an NMU or
> something similar, i.e. an upload not done by me, until things get
> clear again.
>
> However, as already said -- I would love to see people help me; I am
> thinking of doing a Qt 3.2.x upload to fix at least one of the two
> outstanding release critical bugs. Additionally, re-enabling STL is
> something one might take into consideration.

Well it's been another week and still no new upload.  Hopefully you are
getting help with patches and so on but in the meantime you should still
do an upload to fix the RC-bugs.  Or if you are really busy
(understandable) let someone else do it.  I don't know what you have
against NMUs.  They are not a personal insult you know.  A fixed Qt
absolutely has to get into sarge.  The current version simply isn't good
enough.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>