Re: KDE 3.2.0 Status Update - 20040221

> Is unstable not the better place?
> IMHO it's ok to wait until 3.2.1 to upload it, but sid is the way to go.
> if someone wants to keep 3.1.5 he should pinn it :-)

The problem in my mind is not people being denied access to KDE 3.1.5.
It's that once KDE 3.2 is in sid we more or less become committed to
releasing sarge with 3.2, since we'll no longer be able to upload
bugfixes for KDE 3.1.5.

This means that before sarge freezes we have to not only iron all the
faults out of KDE 3.2, but we also have to locate and fix problems with
3rd-party apps that only appear with KDE 3.2.  Depending on when sarge
freezes, this could be a very tight squeeze indeed.

(Specifically I worry about *locating* these 3rd-party problems since it
doesn't leave very much time at all for testing.)

Ben.