Changes to the KDE menu system? "kderemove" needed anymore?

Hello,

Will the "kderemove" tag in the Debian menu entries of KDE
applications be required in the future? I recently submitted a
snippet of documentation to make that tag official (with the ultimate
aim of making lintian aware of it).

However, Bill Allombert (a Debian menu maintainer) mentioned to me
that Chris Cheney told him that this tag would not be needed shortly.
Yet when I peer at the kdelibs 3.2.0 source I grabbed from
experimental, the Packaging.txt still refers to "kderemove" as an
important part of a KDE menu entry, while the source for kdegraphics,
etc. flowing through Incoming at the moment has menu entries which
include "kderemove".

So is there some sort of transition occurring which isn't complete at
the moment? For how long will "kderemove" be required?

Thanks for any clarification,
Christopher Martin