Re: Group maintainership

On Oct 20, 2003 at 17:09, Ben Burton praised the llamas by saying:

> I can see arguments for group maintainership of core material such as
> qt, kdelibs, etc, and I have no problem whatsoever with that.  However,
> because this is a good solution for large core packages does not mean
> it needs to be imposed upon smaller or non-core packages.
>
> And of course it's neither pleasant nor necessary to have one's
> character called into question for resisting this imposition.

I have no problem with kdesdk etc remaining maintained by just yourself.
I did not expect this to be taken as a hijacking and I hope no-one else
had that intention.

One thing I will say is that it would be useful to have your input on
packaging and policy regarding the core KDE and Qt stuff as you are
probably the biggest user of them, but then I don;t see a need for you
to hand over any control in order to do this.

--
David Pashley
david@davidpashley.com