Re: (forw) kde-common/admin

On Sunday 07 September 2003 02:40, Ben Burton wrote:
> > CVS commit by coolo:
> >
> > Ralf says Debian packagers want to build without final for the time
> > beeing
>
> Well, s/Debian packagers/Ralf/. ;-)
>
> Anyway, I'll just pop them back into my debian/rules when we come to the
> pont of packaging HEAD for debian.  I don't like the idea of building
> with --enable-final on my (slow) system and then without --enable-final for
> everyone else (including buildds, etc).  And of course where there are
> compile errors I'll fix the sources as I've been happily doing to date,
> or where it's not a simple fix (e.g., in parts of kommander where
> "slots" is used as variables throughout some files) I'll add
> KDE_OPTIONS=nofinal to the appropriate Makefile.ams, which other users
> trying to use --enable-final will find necessary anyway.

Well, the thing is that we're having --enable-final in the dh-make template
then. Many apps don't work with that so it's even more confusing for someone
who doesn't know how to switch that option off. And, as mentioned, it is not
officially supported by KDE.

Therefore I'd rather like to add --enable-final as a DEB_BUILD_OPTION in the
debian/rules files in the CVS modules rather than having it enabled globally.
Enabling it again when HEAD gets packaged is ok with me but for now until
december it doesn't make much sense to have it enabled anyway.

Ralf

> Ben. :)

Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org