Re: kde deb pkg questions

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 02:10:08PM +0100, Achim Bohnet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While packaging some kde apps for woody and I run into some
> annoying problems:
>
> 	o Some Makefile.am use KDE 3.2 xdg_appsdir and destop
> 	  files end up in /usr/share/applications/kde also for
> 	  kde 3.1.4.  My current workaround is to use in rules
> 		make install xdg_appsdir=/usr/share/applnk/Graphics ...
> 	  Is there an better way?  E.g., Makefile.am changes or
> 	  starting automake with some magic so kde 3.1.4 install
> 	  in applnk and kde 3.2 installs into applications?

Erm.. not sure how to solve this except by perhaps waiting on those
packages until KDE 3.2 goes into Debian in about 6-8 weeks. What you
mentioned might work ok, but I'm not sure.

> 	o upstream tar balls comes with po/*/*.gmo files.  Those
> 	  are updated during make but not removed by distclean.
> 	  So a second debuild fails due to binary changes compared
> 	  to .orig.tar.  What's the right way handle this?
> 		remove *.gmo files for orig.tar
> 		touch gmo files so there are not rebuild
> 		modify distclean

Does using a builddir fix the problem, or does it still modify them. If
it doesn't help then go ahead and remove the .gmo files. I see the .gmo
files in the source of vorbis-tools as well so that might be normal, you
could ask on the main debian-devel list as well to see what is normally
done about it.

Chris