Re: Intent to orphan packages with unreachable maintainer address

Small update on those packages:

On 2021/01/17 09:53 PM, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 09:43:20PM +0100, Baptiste Beauplat wrote:
> > While discussing on #debian-qa how to handle those bugs on packages
> > without reachable maintainer, Mattia suggested to simply orphan those,
> > without the need of going through the MIA process. Just to be sure of
> > what I'm doing, I'm writing this mail as an heads-up.
>
> Let me elaborate a bit while commenting on the list.
> In particular, for DDs and DMs, IMHO it's fine to "just orphan" in some
> cases, and the MIA team will eventually pick up the rest of the work.
>
> > Al Nikolov <clown@debian.org>
>
> Already went through a MIA process in 2016, but guess he needs another.
> Added to the list, feel free to orphan his packages in the meantime.

orphaned,

> > Alberto Furia <straluna@email.it>
>
> Feel free to orphan both of his packages.

orphaned,

> > Andy Shevchenko <andy@smile.org.ua>

orphaned,

> > Angel Ramos <seamus@debian.org>
>
> Already in a low-prio MIA list, go orphan the packages.

orphaned,

> > Antonio Ospite <ospite@studenti.unina.it>
>
> This one is active in other packages with the email ao2@ao2.it (assuming
> it's the same person by the same name).  Should probably forward the
> kboot-utils bug to him.

forwarded, with a reply. It will most likely end-up with an RM.

> > C. Chad Wallace <cwallace@lodgingcompany.com>
> >    liblingua-en-namecase-perl
>
> I asked the perl team if they want the package, otherwise I'd propose
> removal (not maintaed for 12 years, low popcon).
> gregoa said he is going to take the package.

adopted,

> > Carlos Alberto Silombria Ibarra <c@heilroot.com>
> >    maildirsync
>
> one past upload was done by a person of the same name using
> silverdog@gmail.com - perhaps one could try to that address.
> If we can't be bothered, orphan it away.

orphaned,

> > Chris Grzegorczyk <grze@eucalyptus.com>
> >    geronimo-ejb-3.0-spec
> >    geronimo-j2ee-connector-1.5-spec
> >    geronimo-jms-1.1-spec
>
> This one has a tad too many packages on his name (9) which makes me
> slighly unconfortable in just removing him, otoh that was 10+ years ago,
> so meh (to do this cleanly we should also drop him from Uploaders of
> some java packages)

forwared to the Java team,

> > Daniel Jared Dominguez <Jared_Dominguez@Dell.com>
> >    wsl
>
> When I noticed that other packages used "jared.dominguez@dell.com" I
> though that was a typo, but a quick telnet to dell.com's MX revelead
> that also is "user unknown", so whatever.
>
> I can't quickly spot other mail addresses for him, so we should orphan
> them all (including uploaders).

wsl orphaned, request to remove as uploaders sent to the EFI team (for
all other packages),

> > Dmitry Borisyuk <q1werty@i.com.ua>
> >    fbxkb
>
> one single upload 6 years ago → orphan.

orphaned,

> > Graziano Obertelli <graziano@eucalyptus.com>
> >    geronimo-ejb-3.0-spec (U)
> >    geronimo-j2ee-connector-1.5-spec (U)
> >    geronimo-jms-1.1-spec (U)
>
> I now notice that's a pretty similar set of packages of
> grze@eucalyptus.com - which let me notice that the domain is gone.
> I'd ask the java team if they are interested in those not yet in the
> team, else orphan.

forwarded to the Java Team,

> > gustavo panizzo <gfa@zumbi.com.ar>
> >    numad (U)
>
> That's a DD: gfa@debian.org - just ask forward the bug to him.

Yeah, that's my bad, I didn't filter out Uploaders from dd-list output
of the packages with an unreachable maintainers.

adopted by gfa,

> > Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org>
> >    extra-xdg-menus (U)
>
> This DD is already retired, and indeed MIA already handled him, that's
> apparently the last package left with his name: https://bugs.debian.org/831474

orphaned,

> > Jeremías Casteglione <debian@jrms.com.ar>
> >    numad
>
> should probably ask gfa to take it over, since he is in Uploaders.

adopted by gfa,

> > Juliane Holzt <debian@julijane.de>
> >    gwhois
>
> That's a DD.  They have been inactive enough, I've added them to MIA's
> list.  Feel free to orphan the package though.

orhpaned,

> > Julián Moreno Patiño <julian@debian.org>
> >    john (U)
>
> Last upload of this DD was Feb 2019, which kind of would make the cut
> for MIA.  I'm not adding him just yet, but perhaps somebody could try to
> send a mail to their other address arkjunix@gmail.com.

Same as gfa, Julián should have not ended-up on this list.

> > Kamal Mostafa <kamal@whence.com>
> >    numad (U)
>
> Already in a low-prio MIA list, though their last activity is actually
> nearer than the last person.
> They are quite active in launchpad, so likely just mail them on any
> other of their addresses (kamal@{canonical.com,debian.org}).

adopted by gfa,

> > Kyo Lee <kyo.lee@eucalyptus.com>
> >    geronimo-ejb-3.0-spec (U)
> >    geronimo-j2ee-connector-1.5-spec (U)
> >    geronimo-jms-1.1-spec (U)
>
> same of the eucalyptus guys above.

forwarded to the Java team

> > Leo Iannacone <l3on@ubuntu.com>
> >    apt-venv
>
> sigh... (because I personally knew this person).
> They let their @ubuntu.com membership expire, so the mail alias is gone.
> Please only forward the bug to leo.iannacone@gmail.com for now.

forwarded,

> > Peter Clifton <pcjc2@cam.ac.uk>
> >    extra-xdg-menus
> >    extra-xdg-menus (U)
>
> I'd say just orphan this, one single upload 12 years ago.

orphaned,

> > Petr Baranov <petr@baranov.fi>
> >    libloki
>
> one single uplaod 9.5 years ago → orphan.

orphaned,

> > Robert James Clay <jame@rocasa.us>
> >    crashmail
>
> That's a DM (though from what I see I believe his status will decade
> after the bullseye release since he hasn't uploaded in this cycle), but
> with quite a lot of packages and many uploads...
> I'd say to try to forward the bug to rjclay@gmail.com ; I also notified
> gregoa since he seems to have sponsored many of his uploads.

forwarded,

> > Ruben Molina <rmolina@udea.edu.co>
> >    john
>
> a DM.
> I'm unclear how come this person is still in the keyring since I can't
> see uploads from him since 2015.
> I'd say orphan his packages, and the DM status should hopefully go away
> by itself after bullseye.
> (I asked keyring-maint why aren't they already removed).

orphaned,

> > Valerie R Young <spectranaut@riseup.net>
> >    blag-fortune
>
> another sigh since I also knew them.
> However the mail rejection just mentions a full mailbox, so just try
> mail them again?!
> If that's all, just close the bug.

retried, still fails with the same error. I would be in favor of
orphaning it.

> > Vedran Furač <vedranf@riteh.hr>
> >    aspell-hr
>
> last upload 2006.. srly.
> and what's with the popcon bump last 2 years -.-
> since there is that popcon bump just orphan the package... perhaps after
> mailing his gmail address.

orphaned,

--
Baptiste Beauplat - lyknode