Re: [UDD] Upload_history table is currently empty

On 14/08/20 at 08:50 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Lucas,
>
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 11:24:42PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> >
> > Well, why don't you look at the code?
>
> No idea whether it is sensible to answer rhetorical questions.
> Since you asked despite you probably know that I'm doing even more than
> usual for Debian Med since COVID-19 here some other reasons than the
> usual ENOTIME excuse:
>
>  - The development of that code is intransparent to me
>  - Someone - whoever it was - just droped
>      /srv/udd.debian.org/upload-history/munge_ddc.py.tentative
>    at 2020-08-01 which seems to be a Python3 port of munge_ddc.py

That was me. I tried porting it to python3 but failed to reach a working
state. I kept it around because it wasn't clear if it was a better
starting point for future efforts, or it was better to restart from
scratch.

>  - I had simply hoped that your bug report might have triggered
>    an action of the maintainer of that code (whoever this might be)

If I remember correctly, that code was written by Asheesh Laroia.

> IMHO the next logical step would be to replace the now unusable
> munge_ddc.py by munge_ddc.py.tentative set the symlinks and simply
> call the procedure to see what happens.  Do you want me to do this
> or is there anybody who has a better idea to proceed (which I would
> be very happy about).

I think that it should be brought into a working state first.

Lucas