Re: Re: a tiny contribution to Debian QA work?

On Tue, 25 Feb 2020 11:23:56 +0100, Patrice Duroux wrote:

> I also working on a tool that tries checking (and suggest updates) to a given
> list of URLs: bad links, different cases of redirections, replacing http by
> https, etc.

That sounds like what duck is doing:
http://duck.debian.net/
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/duck

Ah, you know it already :)

> I know that there is DUCK but the current result of my tool does not agree with
> the results displayed by DUCK regarding at least the homepages.
> My tool is running on all the Sid entries in UDD.
> Also http://duck.debian.net/sourcepackages.txt is empty, is this a bug?

Maybe ask Simon, the duck maintainer?

> Well, how could I consider a contribution to Debian if this should be the case?
> Report a bug to each source packages after a human check from my side (if not to
> many!)?
> Working on DUCK?
> Improve lintian / lintian-brush?

I think improving existing tools like duck (or lintian) would make
more sense than inventing new ones.

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe