Re: Re: a tiny contribution to Debian QA work?

Hi Paul,

That is a good point and I will look for this.
Thanks for the advice!

I also working on a tool that tries checking (and suggest updates) to a given
list of URLs: bad links, different cases of redirections, replacing http by
https, etc.

This exercice was first to go over, Paul, your nice list here:
https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise/InterestingSoftware
(here including duplicate cases)

But then I used it to check the source package homepages in UDD. And why not
later may be the watch file URL!?

Sure I need such large set to look at all the possible cases and avoid too many
false positives and distinguish between minor one (like http://nowhere.org to
http://www.nowhere.org/en/index.html) and major one. Moreover, the tool need
also to suggest an URL for source package that does not have one or a broken
one. And for instance Repology (https://repology.org/) may be an interesting
resource to look for that.

I know that there is DUCK but the current result of my tool does not agree with
the results displayed by DUCK regarding at least the homepages.
My tool is running on all the Sid entries in UDD.
Also http://duck.debian.net/sourcepackages.txt is empty, is this a bug?

Regarding 'Watch file checker' in Wiki Page of the Debian QA Group,
it is just an indirect link to the uscan manpage. Is this ok?

Well, how could I consider a contribution to Debian if this should be the case?
Report a bug to each source packages after a human check from my side (if not to
many!)?
Working on DUCK?
Improve lintian / lintian-brush?

Regards,